Sunday, September 28, 2008

Some Great Finds!!

Yesterday the kids and I headed out to do our errands and we made some wonderful discoveries.

One of my very favorite stores ever, Pink Pineapple had their semi annual garage sale. I had some terrific finds and was super pleased with my total. I love this idea . . .a great way to pick up some fun new goodies but without spending a fortune to do so. The event was a huge success for them. When we got there, I would imagine there were probably 40 - 50 people shopping and tons of product that had been brought in by various sellers.

Then we headed to Target to do some birthday party shopping and Christmas wish list writing. Here are a few of the things we found that I picked up, what jewels.

The first was, school house rock, a series that I remember really enjoying and having the catchy lyrics stay with me. They just released the 30th anniversary edition. I put this one away for Christmas, I couldn't pass it up. I also picked up a DVD of the beloved Tom & Jerry, which I let the kids watch on the way home. I have never heard my kids laugh so hard. What a joy it is to share some of my favorite childhood series with them, and see them get the same joy out of them that I did. The one thing that I had forgotten about Tom & Jerry was just how little talking there is, for the most part the series was silent. We also spotted the Smurfs, which I think would also be a great addition to our collection. Some others that we are really into right now include Scooby Doo and the Flintstones.

Lanny & I got a kick out of Alyssa's take on Tom& Jerry. After watching about three episodes, she turned to us and asks "Why is that mouse so smart and the cat isn't so smart? " Too funny.

No comments: