Sunday, August 9, 2009

Great Summer Reading

The kids and I have been heading to the Library every couple of weeks and have taken great delight in picking out some fun books to read over the summer. Alyssa's reading skills are blossoming so much each and every day and she LOVES to read. Her current favorites involve great mysteries.

Some of her latest favorites are:

  1. Cam Jansen series
  2. Nancy Drew & the Clue Crew books
  3. Anything Scooby Doo
  4. Mysteries A -Z series
It is so funny, because I remember loving these mystery books as a kid, I really enjoyed the intrigue of not knowing who did it . . .and trying to guess throughout the entire reading, still often surprised when the culprit was revealed. There is a great thrill in mystery books.

I also have been trying to get in some summer reading as well. On our most recent trip to the library I picked up this little gem. It was a book that grabbed my attention and held it all the way through, and has left me excited to check out the other three novels in this or related to this series. Without giving away too many details, it is a great story about the friendships of women and how they intertwine and evolve. It also gives a clear picture of the depth and strength of those relationships through the trials and triumphs in life.

No comments: