Monday, August 17, 2009

T minus 1 week and counting!!!

Before we head back to school!!! Summer went so quickly.

The kids got their teacher assignments in the mail Thursday of last week, along with their supply lists. Alyssa was super excited, as her teacher will be the same teacher she had (and loved) for Kindergarten. When we opened up her letter, she was shrieking with excitement. So we went yesterday after church and got all of their goodies that were on their list. Drew is just so excited about starting school at "wyssa's school". His teacher is a wonderful woman as well. I think they are both in for an amazing year.

Things I'll Miss . . .

Waking up and hanging out in my bed with the kids watching cartoons

Not having to rush in the mornings

Having no real schedule

Endless hours spent at the beach

Midweek adventures

Having two of the best buddies with me throughout my daily on goings

As much as I know I'll miss them, I am so excited for both of them and know that they are going to have a wonderful year. Busy making new friendships and savoring old ones, learning all sorts of new talents and perfecting those that are already there. To a year of fun and adventure.

No comments: