Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fall My Most Favorite Season of All


There is something so wonderful and magical to me about the start of fall. Being a midwestern girl at heart, I vividly remember the changing of the leaves from green to the beautiful hues of red, orange, yellow and brown. As this change occurred you knew it was time to throw on an extra layer of clothing or bundle up in a nice warm coat. I think that the feelings of warmth, family and an overall more relaxed pace is what I still love so much about fall. All be it that fall in southern California is a bit different than the same time of year in Missouri, I still love this season!!

I am so thankful that our house has one of the few (southern California) trees that actually goes through the full spectrum of the color change for the fall season, our awesome liquid amber tree. It has just started to drop leaves in all of the beautiful fall hues. I can't wait for another week or so when we will be able to go out with the rake and scoop a huge pile of leaves together to run in, jump through and toss into the air. Soon after that we will make our annual trip to the pumpkin patch to select the perfect pumpkins for display during the harvest season. While there we'll enjoy pony rides, feed the animals and delight in some of the wonderful yummy treats that are available. Then in November we'll head to the mountains to stay in the cabin. We'll be surrounded by family, a cozy fire lit in the wood burning stove and awesome hikes throughout the mountain. Is it any wonder why this is such an awesome time of year!! Family, Friends & Fun, it doesn't get any better than that!!

No comments: