
Hello all . . it has been a couple of months since my last post. EEKK! There have been a lot of happenings and changes that have occurred in those couple of months.
In October, I got an amazing opportunity to go on a weekend scrapbooking cruise with my Mom, my Aunt Lisa and my dear friend Leeanna. We all had a really great time, with tons of laughter !! I even stayed up one whole night scrapbooking like a crazy woman :)
Upon returning home, I picked up Alyssa at school, came home to rest and when I got up to get ready to go to work, there was a fire rapidly approaching the rise behind our house and we had all kids of emergency vehicles, overhead and throughout our neighborhood. We have been through several other fires, but this one was a little too close for comfort. As the hours went on, we could plainly see the flames and had fireman right in front of our homes trying to keep the flames at bay. Thankfully, they were able to contain it, and we were all safe.
Come November, my work closed their doors, without any notice or plan for the employees who had been there. Initially, I was a bit taken back by the whole idea of it and the way things happened. I just feel that as a common courtesy we all should have been given a little bit of notice and consideration, in order to make other arrangements. However, as the weeks have gone by, I am very thankful for the blessing in it. I have gained more time with my husband and children and am able to spend the holiday seasons with them, without having to maneuver around a work schedule, what a welcome change.
December has been filled with lots of fun activities getting ready for Christmas. I have been working on some wonderful little treasures that I plan to give to friends and family for Christmas and spending time with the kids and Lanny getting our house and our home ready for this wonderful day. In the midst of celebrating the joyous and wonderful birth of our Lord, our family has also mourned the loss of a very dear man. My brother-in -law's father went home to be with the Lord on December 4, 2008.
So, as the year winds down, I am continually reminded of the many beautiful blessings that have been given. I am so grateful and thankful for the love and support of a very amazing family and my dear friends. Thank you so much to each and everyone of you, as you all help me to be the best me!!!




<
No comments:
Post a Comment