Sunday, January 4, 2009

Great Soup Recipe: Chicken Tortilla Soup

This time of year I become very fond of my slow-cooker. I use it year round, but it seems as the weather gets colder it just is so nice to have something cooking for the day.

Here is a recipe I came across in one of my crock pot cook books that we made last night and it was great!!! Enjoy!!



Chicken Tortilla Soup

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken, cooked and shredded
1 (15oz) Can of whole tomatoes (we used the mexican spiced ones)
1 (10oz) can enchilada sauce
1/2 onion chopped
1 can (4oz) chopped green chilies
1 clove garlic
2 cups water
1 (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 (10oz) package of frozen corn
1 tp chopped cilantro

***For Garnish****
tortilla chips
grated parmesan
sliced avocado

Instructions:
Combine all items in crock-pot or slow cooker and cook on low for 6 -8 hrs or high for 3-4 hours. Garnish with desired toppings and serve.

This was so yummy, we will certainly make it again.

No comments: