Monday, September 7, 2009

Doughnuts anyone?

Well, these little gems were a favorite of mine to make with my mother when I was a little girl. Recently, I have introduced my children to them, and they have become a bit of a weekend tradition around our house. They are hands down the best doughnut I have ever had and super easy and super fun!

Start off with a pack of store bought biscuits (I usually just purchase whatever is on sale, use the regular sized ones, not the super large ones). Once you have separated all of them, use something small and round to get out the centers. (I have found that a drink jigger works very nicely).

Once they are all cut, cook them in hot oil (I usually use canola). Just make sure the oil isn't too hot, as it will burn the outside and leave the insides still doughy. Using tongs to turn them and remove them from the oil.



Lastly decorate with your choice of topping/ coating, some favorites in our house are cinnamon & sugar, powdered sugar, and chocolate glaze with sprinkles. Have fun & enjoy!


No comments: