Thursday, September 10, 2009

A reflection on motherhood


Not a day goes by that I am not abundantly thankful for the blessing of being a mother to two wonderful and precious children. I am continually reminded of how much they have brought to my life and how by going through the twists and turns of childhood with them my world is forever changed. I would have never imagined the depths of my heart that would be accessed by these two little people. As they are both growing and changing, so to am I. I am taught the patience and compassion that is required to walk my 7 year old little lady through a meltdown because she is frustrated by the way someone has treated her. I am shown the strength that is required to walk my little man to the Kindergarten gate, give him a "kissing hand", and send him on his way. While their needs are changing, I am continually learning how to meet those needs. I believe this is such a huge journey with a lot of lessons along the way. The funny thing is the lessons gained aren't only by my children, but also myself. Thank you for these beautiful lessons that not only make me a better mom, but also make me a kinder, more compassionate, and more gentle human being. Thank you so much for the joy and the privilege of being your momma and thank you for the life lessons along the way, I love you both more than words !!

No comments: