Saturday, December 12, 2009

Candied Pecans


I started making these last year, and decided that they would probably become and annual tradition in our home. If giving them as a gift, you can buy the pastry bags at your local crafts store and line them with cute Christmas themed papers, then fill them up and tie them off with some really cute ribbon. (I'll post a picture once I make some for this year!)

Ingredients:

1 lb.pecans (I buy mine at Costco. I think it is $8.95 or so for 2lbs)
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp salt

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place pecans in an aluminum foil lined baking dish (this will make clean up super easy).

In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, once the butter has melted add brown sugar, vanilla and salt and cook for another minute or so. You want all of the sugar to be dissolved, this is super important, otherwise everything will just clump together when removed from the oven.

Stir mixture until all sugar is dissolved, then pour over pecans, stirring to coat. Place baking dish in oven and cook for 30-35 minutes, stirring once .

Remove from heat and empty on wax paper to cool.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: