Monday, December 21, 2009

No Bake Cookies - A Family Favorite from my Childhood

My mom used to make these when I was a kid, and they were one of my very favorite cookies, I have continued to make them for my family throughout the years. Each time I make them, I am reminded of the delight that these little treats meant to me when I was young. Hope your family enjoys them as much as we do.

With these, they key is to cook the chocolate mix on a medium heat for the full time. Cooking them at a higher temperature for a longer period of time will not render the same results in the set up phase.

Enjoy!!

No Bake Cookies

In a saucepan over a medium heat combine:

2 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
1/2c. butter
3 Tbsp. cocoa

Continue to boil over a medium heat for appox. 5 minutes, remove from heat

Add
1/2 c. Peanut butter (stirring until it has melted completely)

Then add:

3 c. quick oats
1 tsp. vanilla

Stir to combine all ingredients and then drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper and allow to set up. The mixture will be a bit thin in consistency, but will solidify in the cooling process.

No comments: