In the last few years, I have really been struck by how some minor changes on each of our behalves can result to a very large impact for our planet (both good and bad). I want my children to be able to fully enjoy all that this beautiful planet has to offer. I also believe that more than ever it is my responsibility to teach them how to be good stewards of this wonderful planet. Over the last few years, we have been trying to incorporate some small things into our routine that will make a difference.
When possible, we try to avoid using sandwich bags and instead replace them with reusable containers. Some of my wish list items to even lessen our waste are :
Laptop lunchbox
reusable snack bags
wrap-n-mat
We rarely ever take a plastic shopping bag from a supermarket or department store (instead opting for the canvas reusable types). Alyssa even has one of her own that she has decorated. There are so many cool designs now available.
We have pretty much eliminated purchasing pre packaged water and have opted for our own bottles that we refill as needed. There are some really cool stainless steel one's available
here and here.
I'm certain we still have lots of little changes to make, I gladly welcome those changes .
REALLY SUPER COOL COMPANY DOING SUPER COOL GIVEAWAY IN HONOR OF EARTH DAY APRIL 22, 2009!!
DISNEY STORE- If you take in 3 plastic beverage containers they will give you a commemorative earth day reusable plasic water bottle. We saw it today and it was pretty cool :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




<
No comments:
Post a Comment